New Search Interface in DiVA is Launched
The 20th of October the new search interface in DiVA was launched. The difference between the new and the old search interface is significant: new graphical design of the search pages with different search boxes and more functions and possibilities of delimitation of the search result.
- Lists available with Coming thesis, Coming licentiate theses and Latest publications.
Advance search - Research publications
- Major possibilities combining search fields.
- Using boolean operators AND, OR and NOT is now possible.
- Much more easier choosing organisation/affiliation by a tree structure (the same system when registering a publication).
- Easy to choose National subject categories by a tree structure (the same system when registering a publication).
Advanced search - Student theses
The same as for the research publication but without the functions Publication type, Status and Content type.
- The hit list is no longer displayed as a table. The publications are now presented as a multi line list with information about the author, publication title. journal etc., type of publication and if the publication is refereed or not.
- Drop down function for abstract in the hit list.
- If full text is available it is clearer marked with a pdf icon.
- A link to the publishers full text is shown if DOI link is available.
- The graduate level for student theses is displayed in the hit list.
- Author name and author affiliation are displayed by drop down function by clicking on the arrow in front of the author's name.
- Full text is more clearer stated in the right column together with other file types if available.
- The statistics are more visible and shown directly on the page as diagram and numbers.
- Citation in Web of Science (WoS) is available and downloaded directly from WoS:s web page.
- If the publication is discussed in social medias it is shown via Altmetrics in the right column (see this link as an example of citations via Altmetric).
- If available the publication cover is presented as an image in the right column (see this link as an example).
- If there are other file types uploaded e.g. video or sound files an icon appear together with the media type (see this link as an example).
- Improved functions with more possibilities creating detailed feeds and exporting data in different formats.
Send questions regarding the new search interface to email@example.com.
Permanent link to this news: http://www.ep.liu.se/nl/archive/2014-10-21.en.asp.
Harvard Mandates Parallel Publishing
Parallel Publishing (Post-print publishing)
LiU E-Press Offers a New Journal Publication Service