Keywords: Diabetes; group education; tailored care.
SHI 2015, Proceedings from The 13th Scandinavien Conference on Health Informatics, June 15-17, 2015, TromsÃ¸, Norway
1. Adlerberth A, Rosengren A, BresÃ¤ter LE, Waller L, Ehnberg S, Welin L. [Group education in a diabetes school improves the metabolic control]. LÃ¤kartidningen. 1992 Jun 3;89(23):2106â€“7.
2. Steinsbekk A, Rygg LÃ˜, Lisulo M, Rise MB, Fretheim A. Group based diabetes self-management education compared to routine treatment for people with type 2 diabetes mellitus. A systematic review with meta-analysis. BMC Health Serv Res. 2012;12:213.
3. Sperl-Hillen J, Beaton S, Fernandes O, Von Worley A, Vazquez-Benitez G, Hanson A, et al. Are benefits from di-abetes self-management education sustained? Am J Manag Care. 2013 Feb;19(2):104â€“12.
4. Sarkadi A, Rosenqvist U. Field test of a group education program for type 2 diabetes: measures and predictors of success on individual and group levels. Patient Educ Couns. 2001 Aug;44(2):129â€“39.
5. Sperl-Hillen J, Beaton S, Fernandes O, Von Worley A, Vazquez-Benitez G, Parker E, et al. Comparative effectiveness of patient education methods for type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Arch Intern Med. 2011 Dec 12;171(22):2001â€“10.
6. Brown SA. Effects of educational interventions in diabetes care: a meta-analysis of findings. Nurs Res. 1988 Aug;37(4):223â€“30.
7. Wilson SR. Individual versus group education: is one better? Patient Educ Couns. 1997 Dec;32(1 Suppl):S67â€“75.
8. Brown SA. Studies of educational interventions and outcomes in diabetic adults: a meta-analysis revisited. Patient Educ Couns. 1990 Dec;16(3):189â€“215.
9. Ã…rsand E, FrÃ¸island DH, SkrÃ¸vseth SO, Chomutare T, Tatara N, Hartvigsen G, et al. Mobile health applications to assist patients with diabetes: lessons learned and design implications. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2012;6(5):1197â€“206.
10. Cafazzo JA, Casselman M, Hamming N, Katzman DK, Palmert MR. Design of an mHealth app for the self-management of adolescent type 1 diabetes: A pilot study. J Med Internet Res. 2012;14(3):1â€“20.
11. Chomutare T, Tatara N, Ã…rsand E, Hartvigsen G. De-signing a diabetes mobile application with social network support. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2013;188:58â€“64.
12. Moher D, Liberati A, Tetzlaff J, Altman DG, PRISMA Group. Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement. Ann Intern Med. 2009 Aug 18;151(4):264â€“9, W64.
13. Huang X, Lin J, Demner-Fushman D. Evaluation of PICO as a knowledge representation for clinical questions. AMIA Annu Symp Proc AMIA Symp AMIA Symp. 2006;359â€“63.
14. Hwee J, Cauch-Dudek K, Victor JC, Ng R, Shah BR. Diabetes education through group classes leads to better care and outcomes than individual counselling in adults: a population-based cohort study. Can J Public Health Rev Can SantÃ© Publique. 2014 Jun;105(3):e192â€“7.
15. Merakou K, Knithaki A, Karageorgos G, Theodoridis D, Barbouni A. Group patient education: effectiveness of a brief intervention in people with type 2 diabetes mellitus in primary health care in Greece: a clinically controlled trial. Health Educ Res. 2015 Apr;30(2):223â€“32.
16. Vadstrup ES, FrÃ¸lich A, Perrild H, Borg E, RÃ¸der M. Effect of a group-based rehabilitation programme on glycaemic control and cardiovascular risk factors in type 2 diabetes patients: the Copenhagen Type 2 Diabetes Rehabilitation Project. Patient Educ Couns. 2011 Aug;84(2):185â€“90.
17. Smith SM, Paul G, Kelly A, Whitford DL, Oâ€™Shea E, Oâ€™Dowd T. Peer support for patients with type 2 diabetes: cluster randomised controlled trial. BMJ. 2011 Feb 15;342:d715.
18. Endevelt R, Peled R, Azrad A, Kowen G, Valinsky L, Heymann AD. Diabetes prevention program in a Mediterranean environment: individual or group therapy? An effectiveness evaluation. Prim Care Diabetes. 2015 Apr;9(2):89â€“95.
19. Khunti K, Gray LJ, Skinner T, Carey ME, Realf K, Dallosso H, et al. Effectiveness of a diabetes education and self management programme (DESMOND) for people with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes mellitus: three year follow-up of a cluster randomised controlled tri-al in primary care. BMJ. 2012;344:e2333.
20. Mash RJ, Rhode H, Zwarenstein M, Rollnick S, Lombard C, Steyn K, et al. Effectiveness of a group diabetes educa-tion programme in under-served communities in South Af-rica: a pragmatic cluster randomized controlled trial. Dia-bet Med J Br Diabet Assoc. 2014 Aug;31(8):987â€“93.
21. Dinneen SF, Oâ€™Hara MC, Byrne M, Smith D, Courtney CH, McGurk C, et al. Group follow-up compared to individual clinic visits after structured education for type 1 di-abetes: a cluster randomised controlled trial. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2013 Apr;100(1):29â€“38.
22. Vadstrup ES, FrÃ¸lich A, Perrild H, Borg E, RÃ¸der M. Health-related quality of life and self-related health in patients with type 2 diabetes: effects of group-based rehabili-tation versus individual counselling. Health Qual Life Out-comes. 2011;9:110.
23. Simmons D, Prevost AT, Bunn C, Holman D, Parker RA, Cohn S, et al. Impact of Community Based Peer Support in Type 2 Diabetes: A Cluster Randomised Controlled Trial of Individual and/or Group Approaches. PloS One. 2015;10(3):e0120277.
24. Rautio N, Jokelainen J, Oksa H, Saaristo T, Peltonen M, Niskanen L, et al. Participation, socioeconomic status and group or individual counselling intervention in individ-uals at high risk for type 2 diabetes: one-year follow-up study of the FIN-D2D-project. Prim Care Diabetes. 2012 Dec;6(4):277â€“83.
25. Rosenbek Minet LK, Wagner L, LÃ¸nvig EM, Hjelmborg J, Henriksen JE. The effect of motivational interviewing on glycaemic control and perceived com-petence of diabetes self-management in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus after attending a group education programme: a randomised controlled trial. Diabetologia. 2011 Jul;54(7):1620â€“9.
26. Lau C, Vistisen D, Toft U, Tetens I, GlÃ¼mer C, Pedersen O, et al. The effects of adding group-based lifestyle counselling to individual counselling on changes in plasma glucose levels in a randomized con-trolled trial: the Inter99 study. Diabetes Metab. 2011 Dec;37(6):546â€“52.