- The woodgrain patterns printed with the new printing method obtained high score in the â€śauthenticâ€ť and overall evaluations;
- Different age groups and genders demonstrated different evaluation tendencies in assessing the â€śbeautifulâ€ť and â€śhigh-classâ€ť features;
- No significant difference was observed between the evaluations for sheets and boxes;
- As for the printing method for the box side; participants found it more authentic-looking when the pattern on the top seamlessly continues to the side.
- The â€śhigh-classâ€ť evaluation item was found to be prioritized above the â€śbeautyâ€ť and â€śauthenticityâ€ť.
Keywords: Package Design; Woodgrain; Impression; authenticity
KEER2014. Proceedings of the 5th Kanesi Engineering and Emotion Research; International Conference; LinkĂ¶ping; Sweden; June 11-13
Lin; S. Y.; & Yen; J. (2011). Primary Study on Influence of Food Packaging Design Benefits on Brand Association from Consumersâ€™; Proceedings of IASDR 2011; the 4th World Conference on Design Research [CD ROM]. Delft; Netherlands: Delft University of Technology.
Chou; M. C.; A.; Lin; Y. J.; & Wu; S. Y. (2013). Design of Marketed Drinks Packaging from the Perspective of Designers; Proceedings of IASDR 2013; 5th International Congress of International Association of Design Research [USB ROM]. Tokyo; Japan: Shibaura Institute of Technology.
Chou; J. S.; So; M.J.; Koyama; S.; & Hibino; H.; (2010). The Evaluation of the Package Design Using Eye-tracker and Change-blindness Paradigm â€“A Case Study of Packages of Japanese Canned Coffee Beverages: Bulletin of Japanese Society for the Science of Design; Vol.57; No.3; 61-68.
Hashida; Y.; & Uetake; T. (2013). Usefulness of Saliency Map to Analyze Package Designs: Senshu Management Journal; Vol.3; No.1; 15-25.
Inoue; K.; (2010). Introduction to investigation analysis by excel. Tokyo; Japan: Kaibundo. Tone; K.; (1986). Game feeling decision-making method. Tokyo; Japan: JUSE press.
Tanaka. H.; Entani; T.; Sugihara; K.; Inoue; K.; (2011). Evaluation and determination by interval analysis. Tokyo; Japan: Kaibundo.