Value of Research: This study will help the software development companies; especially in Pakistan to identify the key cultural human issues and will help them to transform the organizations culture toward better environment that would be the indicator of better quality.
Purpose: The aim of this paper is to analyze the role of human and soft issues for achieving better quality. This study will explore how software companies can consider these issues that could help them to strive for inexpensive; yet least known ways to achieve product quality. Findings of this study will also assist Pakistani software houses in increasing the productivity of their employees. It will also enable organizations to realize the importance of Cultural and Human issues in their working environment.
Research Methodology: Commonly practiced research method was used for analyses. A comprehensive survey was conducted in selective software houses operating in Islamabad and Rawalpindi. This survey focused on identifying the soft factors satisfaction level in the software industry of Pakistan.
This research will compare the cultural and soft issues in different categories (organizations with quality certification; organization without quality certification and such companies which are reputed well in the IT industry) of the software industry and then shows the impact of these factors on the productivity and quality of the work of the employees. To generalize the results the culture; values and trends at these companies could also be catered. Moreover; the labor laws regarding these soft issues should also be considered while generalizing and implementing these results. The study will also define all soft and human issues.
Research Findings: On the basis of survey instrument; available literature regarding subject and discussion we have so for; we found the followings results.
- Along with the process improvement work environment conditions can effectively be used for performance and quality improvement.
- Emerging IT industries can rapidly get maturity in quality by addressing human related problems
- Organizations in our software industry which are considered better places to work; are giving more attention to human related issues
- Salaries and benefits that do not satisfy employee basic needs; cause dissatisfaction to employee which leads to major human resource issues that at crucial project time may result in low productivity and low quality
- Training and skill enhancements are not practiced satisfactorily in our industry which is also causing poor performance
- Leadership‚Äôs role practiced here is still supervisory instead of facilitator which is also a major obstacle in low productivity and hence quality.
Keywords: Software quality; Soft issues; Human issues