First part of the paper deals with modeling the coupling between two TL sections in the attempt to formulate simple guidelines on how to chose the TL dimensions and adjacent trace separation to maintain reasonably low trace coupling. Second part of the paper deals with the influence of TL cross- sectional parameter upon the high frequency losses. Area efficiency parameter is introduced to allow the measure of the tradeoff between obtaining smaller loss (with wider central strips) and smaller cross talk in order to obtain the best possible throughput per board cross section at any bit error rate.
GigaHertz 2003. Proceedings from the Seventh Symposium
1. ‚ÄúRF and Microwave Coupled Circuits‚ÄĚ; R. Mongia; I. Bahl; P. Bhartia; Artech House; 1999; chapter 3.4.2;
2. ‚ÄúTransmission Line Design Handbook‚ÄĚ; B. C. Wadell; Artech House; 1991; chapter 4.6.5.
3. ‚ÄúMicrowave Circuit Modeling Using Electromagnetic Field Simulation‚ÄĚ; D.G. Swanson Jr.; J. R. Hoefer; Artech House; 2003.
4. ‚ÄúCST Microwave Studio‚ÄĚ; Computer Simulation Technologies; http://www.cst.de/index.htm?page=/products/mws/mws.htm
5. HFSS- High Frequency Simulation Software by Ansoft ; http://www.ansoft.com/products/hf/hfss/
6. ‚ÄúLateral skin Effect in a Flat Conductor‚ÄĚ; V. Belevich; http://www.cvni.net/abc/rip2/r9/r0901.html
7. ADS- Advanced Design System; Agilent; http://eesof.tm.agilent.com/products/adsoview.html