Register a Report
Before you start to register a publication, first check in DiVA if the publication already is registered by searching for the publication in DiVA . Do not register a publication already published in DiVA!
Note: Several of the fields in the web form are mandatory. They are market with a red asterisk (*). If information is missing in a mandatory field a message will show telling what field it is.
A report is a publication where it explicitly is stated as report in the publication. If it is not mentioned as report, ISBN is missing and not a part of a series, register as a report. If report is not stated but ISBN is available, register as book.
Register the Report
- Ensure that a LiU ID is assigned for all LiU authors in the field Local User Id (otherwise publications will not be attributed to the correct researchers). Give details for ALL authors associated with a publication (including external authors).
- Add each author’s subdepartment and faculty in the Department, unit or programme box. Click on the plus sign in front of Linköping University in order to list all departments (see figure 1 below) and the plus sign in front of the department name to list all subdepartments (see figure 2 below). Choose subdepartment by clicking on its name
(departments are automatically connected with the subdepartment but not shown, see figure 3 below; the only exceptions are CMIV, HELIX and REMESO for which you will need to choose the department as well).
Figure 1. Click on the plus sign for a
list of the departments.
Figure 2. List of Subdepartment.
Figure 3. Subdepartment and Faculty.
- Add an author's Landstinget affiliation, if appropriate by clicking on Region Östergötland and choose clinic according to point 2 above (the Centre will be added automatically).
- If you have and ORCID ID add it in the field ORCID. Read more about ORCID.
- Fill in the report title and language.
- Fill in the Content type (Other academic or Other (popular science, discussion, etc.).
- Fill in Year and Number of pages (if available fill in Edition).
- Add series if the report is a part of a series. If the series is not in the list, fill in the series name, ISSN and number in series in the field Other series.
- Give an ISBN. If ISBN is available it must be filled in. ISBN is usually stated on the title page of a publication and contains of either ten or 13 digits. Reports may or may not have an ISBN.
- Fill in the National Subject Category. There are six main categories:
level two not main level. The publications in LiU's system will be harvested by the national publication portal, SwePub, which in turn is to be used by the likes of VR for their bibliometrical evaluations. For this, a publication's record must include level two in the National Subject Category box. Several subjects categories can be choosen and combined with other subjects categories.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Fill in the Keywords and Abstract boxes as much as possible, since these will make the record of your article more visible to Google, which has become the main search tool for researchers.
- If you upload a pdf file of your article (this is not necessary and we recommend that you email us the file instead so that we can check the copyright situation), note that your report will not be visible until it has been checked by personnel at E-Press. If you do not upload a file, your report will be visible immediately.
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Log in and Register your Publication >>>