Before you start register...
First check in DiVA if the publication already is registered by searching for the publication in DiVA. Do not register a publication already published in DiVA!
Note: Several of the fields in the web form are mandatory. They are market with a red asterisk (*). If information is missing in a mandatory field a message will show telling what field it is.
Register the Patent
- In DiVA there is an simple function to fill in author information about yourself and your LiU co-authors. Fill in the family name and given name and then click on the button Connect authority record (Figure 1, red frame). All author information will be filled in automatically. If there are no information about yourself or your LiU co-author, go to point 2 and contact us and we will create an authority record for you.
- Read more about how to use authority records in DiVA.
Figure 1. Connect authority record.
- If an author do not have an authority record in DiVA, manually fill in sub-department and faculty in the Department or sub-department by clicking Department, unit or programme. Click on the plus sign in front of Linköping University in order to list all departments (see figure 2 below) and the plus sign in front of the department name to list all sub-departments (see figure 3 below). Choose sub-department by clicking on its name. Departments are automatically connected with the sub-department but not shown, see figure 4 below; the only exceptions are CMIV, HELIX and REMESO for which you will need to choose the department as well.
For external co-authors (not LiU authors) fill in their organisation in the box Other organisation.
Figure 2. Click on the plus sign for a
list of the departments.
Figure 3. List of Sub-department.
Figure 4. Sub-department and Faculty.
- Add an author's Landstinget affiliation, if appropriate by clicking on Region Östergötland and choose clinic according to point 2 above (the Centre will be added automatically).
- If you have and ORCID add it in the field ORCID.
- Fill in the patent title and language.
- Under the headline Patent fill in Country and choose from list or click on the button fill in Country and choose from the list or click on the button Organisation as publisher if it is an organisation as a publisher. Fill in Patent number and Date for approval.
- Fill in Year.
- Under the headline Patent fill in Country by choosing from the list or click on the button Organisation as publisher if it is an organisation as publisher. Fill in Patent number and the Date of approval when the patent was approved.
- Fill in the National Subject Category. There are six main categories:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Fill in the Keywords and Abstract boxes as much as possible, since these will make the record of your article more visible via various search engines on the Internet.
- Do not upload a pdf file of your anthology, email us the file instead so we can check the copyright situation before publishing it online.
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org