Register Other (Compendium, Teaching Books etc.)
Before you start register...
First check in DiVA if the publication already is registered by searching for the publication in DiVA. Do not register a publication already published in DiVA!
Note: Several of the fields in the web form are mandatory. They are market with a red asterisk (*). If information is missing in a mandatory field a message will show telling what field it is.
What should be register under the publication type Other?
There are a number of publications types which do not fit in among DiVA's ordinary publication types. Below is shown those publication types that should be register under the publication type Other in DiVA.
|Compendium||Is a collection of literature or extractions of pagers or chapters from other course literature compiled to a compendium.|
|Teaching books||Course literature which have not published as a book or an anthology, with no ISBN, and cannot be referred to as Compendium.|
|Other publications||Publications, which does not fit in under DiVA's standard publication types, can be register as Other.|
- In DiVA there is an simple function to fill in author information about yourself and your LiU co-authors. Fill in the family name and given name and then click on the button Connect authority record (Figure 1, red frame). All author information will be filled in automatically. If there are no information about yourself or your LiU co-author, go to point 2 and contact us and we will create an authority record for you.
- Read more about how to use authority records in DiVA.
Figure 1. Connect authority record.
- If an author do not have an authority record in DiVA, manually fill in sub-department and faculty in the Department or sub-department by clicking Department, unit or programme. Click on the plus sign in front of Linköping University in order to list all departments (see figure 2 below) and the plus sign in front of the department name to list all sub-departments (see figure 3 below). Choose sub-department by clicking on its name. Departments are automatically connected with the sub-department but not shown, see figure 4 below; the only exceptions are CMIV, HELIX and REMESO for which you will need to choose the department as well.
For external co-authors (not LiU authors) fill in their organisation in the box Other organisation.
Figure 2. Click on the plus sign for a
list of the departments.
Figure 3. List of Sub-department.
Figure 4. Sub-department and Faculty.
- Add an author's Landstinget affiliation, if appropriate by clicking on Region Östergötland and choose clinic according to point 2 above (the Centre will be added automatically).
- If you have and ORCID add it in the field ORCID.
- Fill in the title and language in the proper fields.
- Fill in the Content type: Other academic or Other (popular science, discussion, etc.).
- Fill in Year i.e. the year the publication was published.
- Fill in Number of pages.
- If the publication is a part of a series, fill in the series name, ISSN and the series number.
- Fill in the Publisher and Place if available.
- Give a DOI (Digital Object Identifier, drophttps://dx.doi.org/ or https://doi.org/ and fill in only from 10.xxx). Virtually all major publishers assign DOIs for articles and they are usually clearly given on the article's web page at the journal's web site. The DOI is a unique identify that allows your article to be easily identified for bibliometric purposes.
- Fill in the National Subject Category. There are six main categories:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Choose level two not main level. The publications in LiU's system will be harvested by the national publication portal, SwePub, which in turn is to be used by the likes of VR for their bibliometrical evaluations. For this, a publication's record must include level two in the National Subject Category box. Several subject categories can be chosen and combined with other subject categories. Download the list of subject categories
- Fill in the Keywords and Abstract boxes as much as possible, since these will make the record of your article more visible via various search engines on the Internet.
- Do not upload a pdf file of your anthology, email us the file instead so we can check the copyright situation before publishing it online.
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org