Register Manuscript (publication with the status Manuscript, Submitted or Accepted)
Before you start register...
First check in DiVA if the manuscript is already registered by searching for the manuscript. Do not register a manuscript already published in DiVA!
Normally articles with the status Submitted, Manuscript and Accepted should not be registered since they have no value for bibliometric evaluation. An exception from this rule are articles included in a Licentiate or a Ph.D. Theses. Since all publications with the status Submitted, Manuscript or Accepted also are linked from the Licentiate and Ph.D. Theses and back, they have to be register.
Note: Several of the fields in the web form are mandatory. They are market with a red asterisk (*). If information is missing in a mandatory field a messages will show telling what field it is.
- Ensure that a LiU ID is assigned for all LiU authors in the field Local User Id (otherwise publications will not be attributed to the correct researchers). Give details for ALL authors associated with a publication (including external authors).
- Add each author’s subdepartment and faculty in the Department, unit or programme box. Click on the plus sign in front of Linköping University in order to list all departments (see figure 1 below) and the plus sign in front of the department name to list all sub departments (see figure 2 below). Choose subdepartment by clicking on its name
(departments are automatically connected with the subdepartment but not shown, see figure 3 below; the only exceptions are CMIV, HELIX and REMESO for which you will need to choose the department as well).
Figure 1. Click on the plus sign for a
list of the departments.
Figure 2. List of Sub Department.
Figure 3. Sub Department and Faculty.
- Add an author's Landstinget affiliation, if appropriate by clicking on Region Östergötland and choose clinic according to point 2 above (the Centre will be added automatically)
- If you have and ORCID ID add it in the field ORCID. Read more about ORCID.
- Fill in the title of the publication and language.
- Fill in Content type (Other academic or Other (popular science, discussion, etc.)
- Fill in the National Subject Category. There are six main categories:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Fill in the Keywords and Abstract boxes as much as possible, since these will make the record of your article more visible via various search engines on the Internet.
- Do not upload the manuscript as a pdf file!
- When your unpublished manuscript finally are published, send us a mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with information about the name of the journal, in which the manuscript has been published in, and volume, issue, pages and DOI link. We will add the data in the record, change the status from Manuscript to Article in Journal and Published.
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us email@example.com