Register a conference paper/article or Conference proceeding (editor)
Important! Please note the difference between a conference paper/article and a conference proceedings (editor). A conference paper is an article (or abstract) presented at a conference, for which you are one of the authors. Posters can also be registered but as a conference paper. A conference proceeding is an anthology containing all the articles presented at a conference, compiled by one or several editors, for which you are one of the editors.
Before you start register...
First check in DiVA if the article is already registered by searching for the article in DiVA. Do not register an article already published in DiVA!
Note: Several of the fields in the web form are mandatory. They are market with a red asterisk (*). If information is missing in a mandatory field a message will show telling what field it is.
Note: Do not register presentations/introductions performed as Chair at a conference. Such presentations are not a publication. Do not register articles or proceedings which is a part of the series Lecture Notes in Computer Science or Lecture Notes in Mathematics. Register these as Chapter in book.
Choose from the list Subcategory (very first in the web form) if the conference material is Abstracts (submitted abstract and an oral presentation), Poster (poster presentation) or Presentation (oral presentation with submitted article).
Register the paper or proceeding
- If the subcategory of the conference paper is Abstract, Poster or Presentation, select category from the list Subcategory (above the author section).
Figure 1. Subcategory.
- Ensure that a LiU ID is assigned for all LiU authors in the field Local User Id (otherwise publications will not be attributed to the correct researchers). Give details for ALL authors associated with a publication (including external authors).
- Add each author’s subdepartment and faculty in the Department, unit or programme box. Click on the plus sign in front of Linköping University in order to list all departments (see figure 1 below) and the plus sign in front of the department name to list all subdepartments (see figure 2 below). Choose subdepartment by clicking on its name
(departments are automatically connected with the subdepartment but not shown, see figure 3 below; the only exceptions are CMIV, HELIX and REMESO for which you will need to choose the department as well).
Figure 1. Click on the plus sign for a
list of the departments.
Figure 2. List of Subdepartment.
Figure 3. Subdepartment and Faculty.
- Add an author's Landstinget affiliation, if appropriate by clicking on Östergötlands Läns Landsting and choose clinic according to point 3 above (the Centre will be added automatically).
- If you have and ORCID ID add it in the field ORCID. Read more about ORCID.
- Fill in the publication title and language.
- Fill in the Content type (Refereed, Other academic or Other (popular science, discussion, etc.).
- Fill in the name of the proceedings if the paper is part of a proceeding under the headline Part of proceedings.
a) Fill in the name of the Editor/Editors and
b) in the field Conference, always fill in the full name of the conference where the paper was presented, date, city and country. It must be possible to find the conference.
- Fill in Year and Pages.
- Add Series If the series is not in the list, fill in the series name, ISSN and number in series in the field Other series.
- Fill in the ISBN. A Proceeding must always have an ISBN. If the conference proceedings is published on a CD it must have an ISBN to be regarded as a Proceeding. ISBN is usually given on the title page of a proceedings and contains of either ten or 13 digits.
- Give a DOI (Digital Object Identifier, drop http://dx.doi.org/ and fill in only from 10.xxx). Virtually all major publishers assign DOIs for articles and they are usually clearly given on the article's web page at the journal's web site. For conference material DOIs are rare. The DOI is a unique identify that allows your article to be easily identified for bibliometric purposes.
- Fill in the National Subject Category, at least to a gross level. The publications in LiU's system will be harvested by the national publication portal, SwePub, which in turn is to be used by the likes of VR for their bibliometrical evaluations. For this, a publication's record must include something in the National Subject Category box.
- Fill in the Keywords and Abstract boxes as much as possible, since these will make the record of your article more visible to Google, which has become the main search tool for researchers.
- If you upload a pdf file of your article (this is not necessary and we recommend that you email us the file instead so that we can check the copyright situation), note that your article will not be visible until it has been checked by personnel at E-Press. If you do not upload a file, your article will be visible immediately.
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us email@example.com
Log in and Register your Publication >>>