Register a Chapter in Book
Before you start register...
First check in DiVA if the publication is already registered by searching for the publication in DiVA. Do not register a publication already published in DiVA!
Do not register a chapter in a book with the status In Press or forthcoming. The book must be published before the chapter can be registered.
Note: Several of the fields in the web form are mandatory. They are market with a red asterisk (*). If information is missing in a mandatory field a message will show telling what field it is.
Register the Chapter
- Ensure that a LiU ID is assigned for all LiU authors in the field Local User Id (otherwise publications will not be attributed to the correct researchers). Give details for ALL authors associated with a publication (including external authors).
- Add each author’s subdepartment and faculty in the Department, unit or programme box. Click on the plus sign in front of Linköping University in order to list all departments (see figure 1 below) and the plus sign in front of the department name to list all subdepartments (see figure 2 below). Choose subdepartment by clicking on its name
(departments are automatically connected with the subdepartment but not shown, see figure 3 below; the only exceptions are CMIV, HELIX and REMESO for which you will need to choose the department as well).
Figure 1. Click on the plus sign for a
list of the departments.
Figure 2. List of Subdepartment.
Figure 3. Subdepartment and Faculty.
- Add an author's Landstinget affiliation, if appropriate by clicking on Region Östergötland and choose clinic according to point 2 above. (the Centre will be added automatically).
- If you have and ORCID ID add it in the field ORCID. Read more about ORCID.
- Fill in the book title and language.
- Fill in the Content type (Other academic or Other (popular science, discussion, etc.).
- Under the headline Part of book, fill in the title of the book in which the chapter is published in. Fill also in the editor's name in the field Editor.
- Fill in Year and page numbers of the chapter (if available fill in Edition).
- Add series If the series is not in the list, fill in the series name, ISSN and number in series in the field Other series.
- Fill in Place and Publisher under the headline Publisher. The information about Place and Publisher are available on the second page of the title pages. This field is very important in an bibliometric exercise.
- Give an ISBN. ISBN is usually stated on page two in the title pages and contains of either ten or 13 numeral.
- Fill in the National Subject Category. There are six main categories:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Fill in the Keywords and Abstract boxes as much as possible, since these will make the record of your article more visible via various search engines on the Internet.
- If you upload a pdf file of your article (this is not necessary and we recommend that you email us the file instead so that we can check the copyright situation), note that your chapter will not be visible until it has been checked by personnel at E-Press. If you do not upload a file, your chapter will be visible immediately.
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us email@example.com