Register a Book (not Anthology/Collection)
Note the distinction between a book and an anthology. An anthology is a collection of chapters, written by different authors, with a single or small number of editors. If you are one of the editors, register this as an Anthology not a book. A book is a publication with an ISBN, written entirely by a single person or a small number of people.
Before you start register...
First check in DiVA if the publication already is registered by searching for the publication in DiVA . Do not register a publication already published in DiVA!
Do not register a book with the status In Press or forthcoming. The book must be published before it can be registered.
Note: Several of the fields in the web form are mandatory. They are market with a red asterisk (*). If information is missing in a mandatory field a message will show telling what field it is.
Register the Book
- Ensure that a LiU ID is assigned for all LiU authors in the field Local User id (otherwise publications will not be attributed to the correct researchers). Give details for ALL authors associated with a publication (including external authors).
- Add each author’s subdepartment and faculty in the Department, unit or programme box. Click on the plus sign in front of Linköping University in order to list all departments (see figure 1 below) and the plus sign in front of the department name to list all subdepartments (see figure 2 below). Choose subdepartment by clicking on its name
(departments are automatically connected with the subdepartment but not shown, see figure 3 below; the only exceptions are CMIV, HELIX and REMESO for which you will need to choose the department as well).
Figure 1. Click on the plus sign for a
list of the departments.
Figure 2. List of Subdepartment.
Figure 3. Subdepartment and Faculty.
- Add an author's Landstinget affiliation, if appropriate by clicking on Region Östergötland and choose centre according to point 2 above. (the Centre will be added automatically).
- If you have and ORCID ID add it in the field ORCID. Read more about ORCID.
- Fill in the book title and language.
- Fill in the Content type (Other academic or Other (popular science, discussion, etc.).
- Fill in Year and Number of pages (if available fill in Edition).
- Add Series if the book is part of a series. If the series is not in the list, fill in the series name, ISSN and number in series in the field Other series.
- Fill in Place and Publisher. Always fill in Place and Publisher! The information is important for biblometric analyses and is usually available on page two in the title pages.
- Give an ISBN. ISBN must be filled in order to be regarded as book. ISBN is usually given on the title pages and contains of either ten or 13 digits. If there is no ISBN available, register the publication as Other.
- Fill in the National Subject Category. There are six main categories:
level two not main level. The publications in LiU's system will be harvested by the national publication portal, SwePub, which in turn is to be used by the likes of VR for their bibliometrical evaluations. For this, a publication's record must include level two in the National Subject Category box. Several subject categories can be chosen and combined with other subject categories. Download the list of subject categories
- Agricultural Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Fill in the Keywords and Abstract boxes as much as possible, since these will make the record of your article more visible via various search engines on the Internet.
- If you upload a pdf file of your article (this is not necessary and we recommend that you email us the file instead so that we can check the copyright situation), note that your book will not be visible until it has been checked by personnel at E-Press. If you do not upload a file, your book will be visible immediately.
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Log in and Register your Publication >>>