Register an Article (in journal: review/survey)
Before you start register...
First check in DiVA if the article already is registered by searching for the article in DiVA. Do not register an article already published in DiVA!
E-Press is now automatically importing many publications on a weekly basis from Web of Science, Scopus and PubMed. If a publication is published in a journal recently and indexed in one of above databases, wait a couple of weeks to register the publication because it is a great risk there will be duplicates in DiVA.
Note: Several of the fields in the web form are mandatory. They are market with a red asterisk (*). If information is missing in a mandatory field a message will show telling what field it is.
Note: Do not register complete issues of a journal where the author has participated as Editor-in-Chief or Guest Editor. It is not a publication but a assignment. Register only articles where the researcher has participated as an author.
Choose from the list under the headline Subcategory (very first in the web form) if the article is Editorial, Letter or News item. Register.
Register Comments/Commentary with the sub category Editorial material. In the title field write: ”Comments:” including colon followed by the article title. In the end of the title, within brackets, write the original publication volume and issue were the article is published followed by pages and year. Example: Comments: The symptomatic profile of panic disorder is shaped by the 5-HTTLPR polymorphism (vol. 33, p 1479, 2009). Content type is Other academic.
Register Correction without sub category. In the title field write: ”Comments:” including colon followed by the article title. In the end of the title, within brackets, write the original publication volume and issue the article is published followed by pages and year. Example: Correction: The symptomatic profile of panic disorder is shaped by the 5-HTTLPR polymorphism (vol. 33, p 1479, 2009). Content type is Other academic.
You have the opportunity to parallel publish your article in DiVA. For more information, see the Parallel Publishing page.
Register the Article
- Do not register publication with the status submitted, manuscript or accepted (with the exception if a DOI link is available for articles with the status In Press or Ahead of print) since they have no value for bibliometric evaluation and are only frustrating for those looking for information; wait until a volume and page numbers have been assigned.
- If the subcategory of the article is Editorial material, Letter or News item, select from the list Subcategory (above the author section). Note: Register Meeting abstract as Conference article.
Figure 1. Subcategories.
- In DiVA there is an simple function to fill in author information about yourself and your LiU co-authors. Fill in the family name and given name and then click on the button Connect authority record (Figure 2, red frame). All author information will be filled in automatically. If there are no information about yourself or your LiU co-author, go to point 4 and contact us and we will create an authority record for you.
- Read more about how to use authority records in DiVA.
Figure 2. Connect authority record.
- If an author do not have an authority record in DiVA, manually fill in sub-department and faculty in the Department or sub-department by clicking Department, unit or programme. Click on the plus sign in front of Linköping University in order to list all departments (see figure 3 below) and the plus sign in front of the department name to list all sub-departments (see figure 4 below). Choose sub-department by clicking on its name.
Departments are automatically connected with the sub-department but not shown, see figure 5 below; the only exceptions are CMIV, HELIX and REMESO for which you will need to choose the department as well.
For external co-authors (not LiU authors) fill in their organisation in the box Other organisation.
Figure 3. Click on the plus sign for a
list of the departments.
Figure 4. List of Sub-department.
Figure 5. Sub-department and Faculty.
- Add an author's Landstinget affiliation, if appropriate by clicking on Region Östergötland and choose clinic according to point 4 above. The Centre will be added automatically.
- If you have and ORCID add it in the field ORCID.
- Fill in the publication title and language.
- Fill in the Content type: Refereed, Other academic or Other (popular science, discussion, etc.).
- Choose Status Note! Only Published and E-pub ahead of print shall be register only if a working DOI link is available.
- Choose journal where the article is published in. If the journal is not in the list, fill in the journal name in the field Other journal and state ISSN.
- Give full reference information under Other information such as year, volume, issue, article-id and page numbers – it must be possible to locate the article at its source.
- Fill in Publisher and choose from list. If the publisher is not in the list fill in the publisher in the field Other publisher.
- Give a DOI (Digital Object Identifier, drop https://dx.doi.org/ or https://doi.org/ and fill in only from 10.xxx). Virtually all major publishers assign DOIs for articles and they are usually clearly given on the article's web page at the journal's web site. The DOI is a unique identify that allows your article to be easily identified for bibliometric purposes.
- Fill in the National Subject Category. There are six main categories:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Fill in the keywords and abstract boxes as much as possible, since these will make the record of your article more visible via various search engines on the Internet.
- Do not upload a pdf file of your anthology, email us the file instead so we can check the copyright situation before publishing it online.
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.