Register an Article (in journal: review/survey)
Before you start register...
First check in DiVA if the article already is registered by searching for the article in DiVA. Do not register an article already published in DiVA!
E-Press is now automatically importing many publications on a weekly basis from Web of Science, Scopus and PubMed. If a publication is published in a journal recently and indexed in one of above databases, wait a couple of weeks to register the publication because it is a great risk there will be duplicates in DiVA.
Note: Several of the fields in the web form are mandatory. They are market with a red asterisk (*). If information is missing in a mandatory field a message will show telling what field it is.
Note: Do not register complete issues of a journal where the author has participated as Editor-in-Chief or Guest Editor. It is not a publication but a assignment. Register only articles where the researcher has participated as an author.
Choose from the list under the headline Subcategory (very first in the web form) if the article is Editorial, Letter or News item. Register.
Register Comments/Commentary with the sub category Editorial material. In the title field write: ”Comments:” including colon followed by the article title. In the end of the title, within brackets, write the original publication volume and issue were the article is published followed by pages and year. Example: Comments: The symptomatic profile of panic disorder is shaped by the 5-HTTLPR polymorphism (vol. 33, p 1479, 2009). Content type is Other academic.
Register Correction without sub category. In the title field write: ”Comments:” including colon followed by the article title. In the end of the title, within brackets, write the original publication volume and issue the article is published followed by pages and year. Example: Correction: The symptomatic profile of panic disorder is shaped by the 5-HTTLPR polymorphism (vol. 33, p 1479, 2009).Content type is Other academic.
Register the Article
- Do not register publication with the status submitted, manuscript or accepted (with the exception of those connected to an electronically published Ph.D. thesis or if DOI link is available for articles with the status In Press or Ahead of print) since they have no value for bibliometric evaluation and are only frustrating for those looking for information; wait until a volume and page numbers have been assigned.
- If the subcategory of the article is Editorial material, Letter or News item, select from the list Subcategory (above the author section). Note: Register Meeting abstract as Conference article
- Ensure that a LiU ID is assigned for all LiU authors in the field Local User ID (otherwise publications will not be attributed to the correct researchers). Give details for ALL authors associated with a publication (including external authors).
- Add each author’s subdepartment and faculty in the Department, unit or programme box. Click on the plus sign in front of
Linköping University in order to list all departments (see figure 1 below) and the plus sign in front of the department name to list all subdepartments (see figure 2 below). Choose subdepartment by clicking on its name
(departments are automatically connected with the subdepartment but not shown, see figure 3 below; the only exceptions are CMIV, HELIX and REMESO for which you will need to choose the department as well).
Figure 1. Click on the plus sign for a
list of the departments.
Figure 2. List of Subdepartment.
Figure 3. Subdepartment and Faculty.
- Add an author's Landstinget affiliation, if appropriate by clicking on Östergötlands Läns Landsting and choose clinic according to point 4 above. The Centre will be added automatically.
- If you have and ORCID ID add it in the field ORCID. Read more about ORCID.
- Fill in the publication title and language.
- Fill in the Content type (Refereed, Other academic or Other (popular science, discussion, etc.)).
- Choose Status Note! Only Published and E-pub ahead of print shall be register only if a working DOI link is available.
- Choose journal where the article is published in. If the journal is not in the list, fill in the journal name in the field Other journal and state ISSN.
- Give full reference information under Other information such as year, volume, issue and page numbers – it must be possible to locate the article at its source.
- Give a DOI (Digital Object Identifier, drop http://dx.doi.org/ and fill in only from 10.xxx). Virtually all major publishers assign DOIs for articles and they are usually clearly given on the article's web page at the journal's web site. The DOI is a unique identify that allows your article to be easily identified for bibliometric purposes.
- Fill in the National Subject Category, at least to a gross level. The publications in LiU's system will be harvested by the national publication portal, SwePub, which in turn is to be used by the likes of VR for their bibliometrical evaluations. For this, a publication's record must include something in the National Subject Category box.
- Fill in the keywords and abstract boxes as much as possible, since these will make the record of your article more visible to Google, which has become the main search tool for researchers.
- If you upload a pdf file of your article (this is not necessary and we recommend that you email us the file instead so that we can check the copyright situation), note that your article will not be visible until it has been checked by personnel at E-Press. If you do not upload a file, your article will be visible immediately.
If you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Log in and Register your Article >>>